The Pricing Analyst provides data analysis of business activities and provides insight into performance, trends and areas of opportunity, related to pricing and margin for optimization of sales and profitability. The role works closely with the Manager of Pricing Analytics in accomplishing established departmental objectives. The Pricing Analyst ensures that daily work activities are compatible with and make full use of the Company’s technology-driven tools (such as CRM, ProfitOptics, Sequel, etc.) and supports the Company’s sales programs and business plan objectives.
- Compiles, evaluates, analyzes and presents statistical data (including pricing and margin, order lines, and historical sales) skillfully and creatively to provide maximum understanding and insight for the Sales Operations department.
- Evaluates assigned price lists for accuracy and identifies opportunities to enhance margin while maintaining competitiveness (optimization).
- Reviews cost changes and how such changes impact assigned price lists. Calculates necessary margin changes, taking into account any layered cost factors that may apply. Works with administration team to ensure that pricing is updated in accordance with the applicable effective dates.
- Communicates price changes to management and/or sales personnel as appropriate.
- Identifies operational improvements using available systems that allow us to report information and update pricing in a more timely and accurate manner.
- From our internal mainframe systems, gathers data and provides statistical analyses of various animal healthcare segments, including analyses for all levels of sales management.
- Identifies and remediates errors, omissions or other issues adversely affecting margins or customer pricing utilizing pricing exception reports, cost change reports, and other data sources.
- Develops in-depth understanding of systems and analytics tools used by the organization (including, but not limited to Excel, ProfitOptics, Sequel, AS/400 and other information systems).
- Contributes to the development and enhancement of the analytics tools used and created in the achievement of departmental objectives.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree required, with major in Business, Business Analytics or Statistics preferred.
- Minimum 2-4 years’ experience providing statistical/business analytics in a medium-large company preferred.
- Experience providing product price/cost analyses in a distribution environment strongly preferred.
- Experience working with Distribution Inventory costing and pricing systems strongly preferred.
- Must possess strong business analytical skills with thorough understanding of how to identify and interpret raw data and turn it into something meaningful and relevant.
- Must also possess understanding of pricing and margin metrics.
- Excellent analytical, communication and organizational skills required.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel advanced functions, including Vlookup, conditional formatting and extensive Logic functions.
- Veterinary product knowledge a plus.
Henry Schein Animal Health offers a comprehensive total compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) with a generous company match, company paid life insurance and AD&D coverage, educational assistance, and much more!
Henry Schein, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability that can be reasonably accommodated without undue hardship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.